West Georgia Technical College
Position: Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness
Location: Adamson Square – Carrollton, Georgia
Reports to: College President
FLSA Designation: Exempt
Nature of duties: The Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness (VPIE) provides direction and oversight for institutional assessment, program assessment, student learning outcomes, institutional research, strategic planning initiatives, and continuous improvement. The VPIE serves as the college liaison to accreditation agencies. The VPIE oversees a comprehensive program of institutional research designed to support the mission of the college, to inform management decision-making, and to meet reporting requirements as mandated by state, federal, and other external agencies or as needed by stakeholders.
- Under minimal supervision, coordinates the development of program goals, objectives, policies and standards for quality at a technical college.
- Coordinates and oversees the strategic planning process for the technical college. Analyzes and assesses the effectiveness of existing programs as well as program specific accreditations, certifications and licensures.
- Responsible for designing and executing a plan for maintaining accreditation status for the college and academic programs.
- Maintains the components of the Performance Accountability System (PAS) and Carl Perkins Grant.
- Provides leadership to, and participates in, the development, implementation and evaluation of college wide continuous improvements initiatives.
- Coordinates curriculum development at state and local level.
- Coordinates articulation agreements.
- Supervises research, grant activities, and other funding alternatives.
- Represents the department at various internal and external meetings; represents the college at intercollegiate and inter-agency meetings dealing with institutional effectiveness matters. Some travel is required.
- Implements TCSG Policies and Procedures related to the college’s Institutional Effectiveness processes. Develops, implements, updates, and communicates to college employees College procedures related to the Institutional Effectiveness unit.
- Manages and oversees financial/budget operation of the unit.
- Maintains up-to-date procedures and state or federal laws that may impact department initiatives.
- Directs and participates in the recruitment, selection, assignment of 5 assigned personnel, monitors the activities of personnel to ensure compliance with TCSG policy manual and department procedures; evaluates employees at scheduled intervals upon reviewing of all relevant information.
Minimum Qualifications: A master’s degree *and* three years of related work experience.
- Doctorate Degree *AND* ten (10) years full-time, paid management experience in higher education;
- Knowledge of the mission of postsecondary vocational/technical education;
- Working knowledge and proven experience in program assessment;
- Working knowledge of SACSCOC;
- Proven experience in strategic planning and implementing college wide strategic planning strategies;
- Working knowledge of college and/or program accreditation standards, policies and procedures;
- Experience in curriculum development;
- Knowledge of budget development and management principles;
- Knowledge of local demographics, regional issues, and the social culture of the community;
- Knowledge of procedures, concepts, and research methods necessary for collection, analysis, and
administration of various means of assessment utilized in higher education setting;
Salary/Benefits: Salary commensurate with previous work experience. Benefits include paid state holidays, vacation, retirement, personal and sick leave, and the State of Georgia Flexible Benefits Program.
Benefits: Benefits include paid state holidays, vacation, retirement, personal and sick leave, and the State of Georgia Flexible Benefits Program.
Method of Application: Interested candidates should apply through electronic application system at: WGTC Job Center: (https://www.easyhrweb.com/JC_WestGaTech/JobListings/joblistings.aspx).
- Applications/resumes are only accepted via the Job Center listed above.
- Please note salary expectation on application where requested. Unofficial transcripts, resume and proof of applicable certifications/licensures are required for consideration.
Note: Selected candidate must successfully complete a background check to include employment references, criminal history, and verification of employment.
Employment Policy: The Technical College System of Georgia and West Georgia Technical College do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law) in educational programs, activities, admissions or employment. All applicants will be considered; however, only selected applicants may be interviewed. Approval of employment does not constitute a contract. Continued employment is contingent upon job performance and funding.