The University of North Georgia is hiring an Institutional Research Analyst in the Office of Institutional Effectiveness. The posting is below and can also be found at https://ung.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=20002&job=institutional-research-analyst.
Institutional Research Analyst
Position Number: 53001130
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Salary Minimum: $47,401
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Institutional Research Analyst. The Institutional Research Analyst is a key point of contact for institutional research information and queries at the University of North Georgia. This individual manages a comprehensive and growing body of research data utilized by university decision makers and outside agencies. This individual performs duties related to assessment, planning, and institutional research with moderate supervision.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for:
- Responding to requests from on- and off-campus for numerical and narrative data on students, faculty, staff, and educational programs of the university. Uses a variety of software, including Excel, SPSS, and other computer tools to perform data analysis as needed to respond to information requests.
- Maintaining the main institutional research data files, including official information and related data.
- Maintaining the Institutional Effectiveness Office website.
- Managing the distribution and collection of various surveys that UNG sends out such as to alumni, students and faculty, working with other university departments to develop and administer printed and online surveys for their areas and maintains and summarizes data from internal surveys, comparing results of those surveys on our campus to results in normative groups.
- Serving on, and provides data and research analysis to, University committees as requested and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience with Word, Excel, and SPSS or similar software is required.
- Knowledge of web page design is desired.
- Ability to multi-task, manage work load, and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail is important.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field or a field requiring research analysis and report writing is required; master’s degree preferred.
- Experience working in an institution of higher education and particularly with student records is desirable.
Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.