Institutional Research Technical Analyst
Position Number: 53001478
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Salary Minimum: $50,957
Salary Maximum: $55,000
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Institutional Research Technical Analyst. The Institutional Research Technical Analyst provides computer programming, design and data analysis in support of institutional research, assessment, accreditation and strategic planning. This individual also performs other institutional research activities as needed.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for:
• Developing queries to Banner and other relational databases using SQL and PL/SQL to create datasets for statistical analysis, often related to accreditation requirements or needs of university leadership.
• Using basic descriptive and inferential statistics to analyze data and provide answers to complex questions. Interprets and summarizes data using tables, graphs, and narrative.
• Constructing ad-hoc relational databases, consolidates data and builds queries and reports to provide institutional insights.
• Helping to maintain and manage the Institutional Effectiveness Office web site as well as other electronically accessible data. Serves as technical support for Institutional Effectiveness office in troubleshooting problems and recommending hardware and software purchases and upgrades as needed.
• Serving on, and provides data and research analysis to, University committees as requested. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Must have knowledge of relational database management systems such as Oracle and Access. Knowledge and experience in writing queries and functions in SQL and PL/SQL. Experience with Ellucian Banner or similar higher education data information system. Working knowledge of descriptive and basic inferential statistics. Ability to multi-task, manage workload, and meet deadlines. Ability to translate data requests into appropriate SQL queries and to analyze and interpret data using software such as Access, Excel, and SPSS. Ability to create effective reports and presentations utilizing tables, graphs, descriptive statistics, and narrative. Attention to detail and accuracy are of utmost importance. Oral and written communication, organizational and teamwork skills. Experience in a higher education setting is preferred.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
Bachelor degree in computer science or related field that emphasizes database development and management. Two years of related experience, or a combination of appropriate education and experience.
For more information: https://ung.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=19626&job=institutional-research-technical-analyst